FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
SITXRM004 Assessment 1 – Identify Recruitment Needs
Before beginning this assessment, you need to remember that all work submitted must be presented in a professional
manner as if you were presenting it in a real workplace. Therefore, all templates you provide must be formatted and
During the following assessments you will be required to:
• Write a variety of reports
• Develop job descriptions
• Design job advertisements
• Apply for simulated job roles
• Conduct simulated interviews
• Develop specific induction programs.
Scenario- Pop Up Café
In this assessment you have been employed by the owner of a new take away “pop- up” café called Mondo’s as the
“Recruitment Manager”. In this role you will be required to identify the recruitment needs of a brand-new pop- up
Hospitality business. You will need to identify the recruitment needs based on the trading trend that the owner has
forecast in the café’s opening week. Keeping in mind that the café will operate as follows;
• Wednesday – Friday 7am-4pm
• Saturday 7am-11pm.
Questions that you might need to ask yourself include:
• How many staff will be required to operate “Mondo’s” during the specified trading hours?
• What will be the roles of the staff that you need to employ?
The owner has forecast an average customer count across the four days of trade:
• 7am-11am- 37 customers
• 11am-2pm- 103 customers
• 2pm- 4pm- 88 customers
Dashboard ► My courses ► Hospitality ► SIT50416 – Diploma of Hospitality Management ► SIT50416 – 2021 ►
SITXHRM004 Recruit, Select and Induct Staff ► Assessments ► SITXRM004 Assessment 1 – Identify Recruitment Needs
• 4pm-6.30pm- 42 customers
• 6.30pm-11pm- 96 customers
Analyse the above and identify the recruitment needs of the café. Hospitality operational standards indicate that one
staff member should be able to comfortably service 20 customers.
• How many managers will you need to hire?
• How many Baristas will you need to hire?
• How many chefs and kitchen hands will you need to hire?
• And so forth
Once you have clearly identified the recruitment needs for the café, write a brief report (of no less than 500 words) on
your findings, including:
• How you identify the recruitment needs of the cafe
• How you will consult with colleagues about staffing
• Discuss the process you will undertake to obtain approval for recruitment according to specific organisational
requirements (this may include a “Recruitment Request) which has been attached to assist you in this part of the
• Describe the relationships of the job descriptions to the selection criteria
• Discuss how you will link the interview questions to the criteria.
You have identified the recruitment needs for the café and will now need to recruit the following;
• One casual barista
• One full-time waitperson
• One volunteer kitchen hand.
Before you advertise these positions, you will need to develop the job descriptions for each. That will be a total of three
(3) job descriptions. Make sure that they are developed in a clear and concise manner, addressing the identified selection
criteria. To ensure that you develop job descriptions to meet the selection criteria. Remember that a job description must
include the following:
• The title of the job
• Workplace responsibilities
• Customer service responsibilities
• Day to day operational tasks and duties
• Who the person will be reporting to
• Salary range
• Department/ outlet or venue the job will take place
• The skills required to perform the job
• Personal qualities required for the job
• Qualifications required to perform the job
• Job performance standards
• Employment conditions.
To assist you in providing professional and standard assessment work please ONLY us the templates provided at the
Make sure that you have submitted:
1. Your report of no less than 500 words that covers all criteria listed
2. Job description for casual barista
3. Job description for full-time waitperson
4. Job description for volunteer kitchen hand
5. Provide the sources of where you obtained information and templates
This is attempt 1 ( 5 attempts allowed ).
You have not made a submission yet
SIT50416 – Diploma of Hospitality Management
SIT50416 – 2021
SITXHRM004 Recruit, Select and Induct Staff
Zoom recording 2021
Zoom Class Recordings 2020
Recorded Links 2020
SITXRM004 Assessment 1 – Identify Recruitment Needs
SITXHRM004 Assessment 2 – Administer Recruitment
SITXHRM004 Assessment 3 – Select Staff
SITXHRM004 Assessment 4 – Plan and organise induct…
SITXHRM006 Monitor Staff Performance
SIT60316 – Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
© Copyright VIT (Victorian Institute of Technology Pty Ltd) 2019-2020
Victorian Institute of Technology Pty Ltd. City Campus Address: Level 14, 123 Queen Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000
Phone: (61) 1300 17 17 55 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org RTO No: 20829 CRICOS Provider No: 02044E ABN: 41 085 128 525
You are logged in as shehan mihidukulasuriya (Log out)
Moodle 3.5.12 (Build: 20200704)
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER